Welcome to the Medical Image Understanding and Analysis Conference (MIUA) 2016. Now in its 20th year, the conference will take place at Loughbrough University, Leicestershire, UK from the 6th to 8th July 2016.
MIUA is a UK-based meeting for the communication of research related to image analysis and its application to medical imaging and biomedicine. The conference provides an opportunity to present and discuss research in medical image understanding and analysis, which is a rapidly growing subject with ever increasing real-world applicability.
Eye tracking with Medical Images
- Eye tracking with 3D medical images: Dr Peter Phillips, Cumbria University
- Eye tracking with 2D Medical Images: Dr Yan Chen and Leng Dong, Loughborough University
These sessions will cover the challenges of eye tracking research in medical imaging with hands on practical experience.
MRI imaging at the National Centre for Sport and Exercise Medicine
A rolling series of visits to the University’s MRI Unit to see different types of ongoing research studies. Led by Dr Mathew Pain, Loughborough University.
Digital Pathology Workshop
Research papers are invited on the topic of digital pathology which will run as a workshop (led by Dr Gerald Schaefer, Loughborough University) as part of the conference programme. For more details see:
We are pleased to announce the keynote speakers for MIUA 2016:
- Professor Nico Karssemeijer (Radboud University, Nijmegen Medical Center, The Netherlands)
- Dr Sue Astley (University of Manchester, UK)
- Dr Peter Phillips (University of Cumbria, UK)
- Dr Jonathan James (City Hospital, Nottingham, UK)
- Paper submission open: 18th January 2016
- Paper submission deadline: 11th April 2016
- Authors notification: 29th April 2016
- Final (Camera ready) papers due: 13th May 2016
- Early-bird registration ends: 17th June 2016
- Conference: 6th-8th July 2016